Pigmentation on the lips/dark lips is a problem faced by many people.
It can be caused by:
- Genetic: For some, dark lips may be a genetic factor. They might naturally have dark lips from the birth itself.
- Use of lipstick and other lip products: Lipstick may contain chemicals and overuse of such products may contribute to the darkening of lips.
- Smoking: Cigarette smoking may cause lip darkening
- Overuse of coffee and tea: Coffee and tea may stain the lip and will result in lip darkening.
- Dry and chapped lips: Dry and chapped lips may cause black pigmentation on the lips.
- Exposure to the sun: Too much exposure to the skin may cause an increase in the amount of melanin pigment in the lips and this will result in lip darkening.
- Lack of proper moisturization and care of the skin on the lips
An easy Tip which can go a long way in combatting dark lips: Apply glycerine as a primary coat on your lips, blot it dry and then apply your regular lipstick/ lipgloss. You can also apply a thick coat of glycerine on your lips before going to bed everyday.
Applying glycerine regularly will give you your pink healthy looking lips back. You can also mix few drops of rose water in glycerine.
Note: Use only high quality grade glycerine & rose water for best results.