- The sunscreen you are currently using is not broad spectrum or has low UVA levels.
- You are applying sunscreen in a wrong manner.
- You are using a cream which is having ingredients (ascorbic acid, niacinamide, retinoic derivatives etc) that are making your skin photosensitive (prone to damage from sunlight).
Some essential tips-
- Add a cream or moisturizer containing aloe vera extract in your regular regime.
- Avoid skincare products that are heavily fragranced and contain menthol, irritating plant oils like lavender or rosemary or eucalyptus.
- Use a good quality, broad spectrum, high protection sunscreen.
- Preferably try to use fragrance-free or mildly fragranced face wash.
- Preferably use slightly lukewarm water for washing your face.
- Include tomatoes in your diet. Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, which helps in clearing skin & simultaneously protecting your skin from tanning.
Effective Home remedies-
- Scrub: Add a little curd to ground almonds. Apply as a scrub twice a week. Rub gently on the skin with small circular movements and then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Almond and Milk pack: Soak few almonds overnight in water. The next morning drain the water and grind almonds into a semi-fine form. Add milk to these ground almonds and spin once more in the grinder to make a thick paste. Apply this on the face and let it dry for about an hour. Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Lemon Juice and Potato pack: Extract the juice of one medium sized potato, and mix together with a teaspoon of freshly extracted lemon juice. Apply this on your face like all other packs. Leave it on for half an hour before you wash it off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Milk and Turmeric pack: Mix a pinch of turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and milk (if you do not have sensitive, dry skin or acne prone skin you can use raw milk). Apply this pack on your face and let it dry. You can safely repeat this process once a week until the tan is all gone. Usually it takes about 2 weeks for mild tan to go.
Some Product Recommendations-