Re-bonding is a chemical treatment which if done in-correctly or a number of times is bound to make your hair lifeless and damaged.
Therefore, it is important that along with regular oiling and rejuvenating packs (eg egg pack); some specific things are followed to accelerate the repair process of your hair. We have mentioned a few important do’s & don’ts as well as some home remedies that will help you.
Important Do’s & Don’ts:
- Always wrap your hair with a hot (not very hot) towel for about 30 minutes whenever you oil your hair.
- Do not steam your hair. Not even during spa.
- Use a hair serum on a regular basis. A barrier is created between your hair and the outer environment. This protects your hair better and keeps it safe.
- A leave inconditioner is also a good option. The moisture in your hair is retained, and dryness and frizz is also prevented by using this.
- Completely protect your hair from sun (especially the damaged hair) using a scarf or hat or umbrella. Re-bonded hair has got more chances of getting damaged due to the sun and pollution. Also protect your hair from cold winds and rains.
- Do not wash your hair with hot water. Use lukewarm to cold water. Hot water will take away the moisture from your hair.
- Use baby shampoo’s for washing your hair for about 2 months.
- Refrain from excessive brushing/combing.
- Refrain from use of hair dryer.
- Include specific vitamins A, C, B12 and minerals such as iron in your diet.
- Cold Compress Repair: Soak a washcloth in ice cold milk and apply it to the entire hair and scalp, keep it for 20 to 30 mins. Continue this for a week to 15 days. The enzymes & proteins found in milk promote healing of chemically damaged hair.
- Coconut milk for damaged hair: Grate a coconut and grind it in a mixer. You can extract the milk from this paste. Packaged readymade coconut milk is also available in the market. Apply the milk directly to the scalp and the entire hair length especially the damaged hair. Leave it on for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Wash using a mild baby shampoo.
- Avocado hair mask/pack: Massage gently a mixture of mashed ripe avocado and banana onto your scalp. Apply the milk directly to the scalp and the entire hair length especially the damaged hair. Leave it on for 30 minutes. Wash using a mild baby shampoo.